Listen Research, Inc. respects the privacy of the individual and the confidentiality of the information that may be voluntarily provided. The data we collect in market research surveys is never linked directly to an individual, unless otherwise expressly stated (for such purposes as contest winner fulfillment). Instead, information is used in aggregate form to help companies better understand marketplace needs and create and deliver products and services that better meet those needs.
We never sell or rent any personally identifiable information. We also do not maintain lists of individuals or of business personnel.
Rights of Confidentiality
By default and design, confidentiality shall be granted for all information collected from customers and individuals and will be used for the clearly stated and intended purposes only. All personal data will be secured against access by third parties and/or unauthorized individuals or organizations.
Rights of Privacy
The individual has the right to be free from unsolicited contact. Customers and individuals will have the right to opt out of the research process. All individuals invited to participate in research studies conducted by Listen Research have given express consent to be contacted for such purposes to the sample providing companies that Listen Research partners with.
Listen Research never engages in or otherwise utilizes online panel lists that use the following unsolicited or unethical recruitment techniques as described by the Interactive Market Research Organization:
Collection of respondent emails from Web sites, portals, Usenet or other bulletin board postings without specifically notifying individuals that they are being "recruited" for research purposes;
The use of Spambots, Spiders, Sniffers or other "agents" that collect personal information without the respondents’ explicit awareness;
The purchase of bulk email addresses from sources that have not provided verifiable documentation that the individuals on the list have opted for contact for the purposes of research; and/or
The use of client customer lists that have been assembled without the express consent of the individual for future contact for the purposes of marketing research.
Unsolicited/Unethical Recruitment (Spamming) can include but is not limited to the following:
Unsolicited email recruitment of potential respondents;
Misleading or off-topic newsgroup postings designed to "trick" a potential respondent into participating in research;
Junk mail sent in bulk to recruit for studies or panels;
Scamming, which refers to the practice of recruiting under false pretenses (e.g. recruitment for research that is in reality a sales or contribution solicitation pitch);
Spoofing, which refers to the practice of putting in a false or missing return email address; and/or
Chain or "buddy" letters aimed at recruiting respondents’ friends, relatives or colleagues for studies or panels.
In the course of responding to our surveys or using our service, individuals may have the opportunity to voluntarily submit personally identifiable information (e.g., providing profile information or providing an e-mail address) for the purposes described above or for the purpose of sweepstakes or drawings that qualified individuals may participate in.
Listen Research maintains this information in a database, and may use this information to invite participants to participate in future surveys only when expressly communicated to the individual; provided, parental consent will be required if the participant is under the age of 13. The decision to participate in future surveys is completely at the individual’s discretion and there is no obligation to complete any future survey. By participating in a survey conducted by Listen Research, you understand and consent to this policy.
Listen Research believes it is especially important to protect children’s privacy and encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children’s participation in any survey research, whether via online, in-person, telephone, or mail.
Listen Research complies with all applicable children’s privacy regulations. We conform to the 1998 Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and do not collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen without the express approval of their parents or guardians.
Listen Research also affords children’s Personal Information all of the protections that we provide to our other respondents.
Periodically we request information (typically an e-mail address or mailing address if needed to mail a prize) from users to participate in contests. Contest participation is completely voluntary and users may choose whether or not to disclose this information. An individual’s e-mail or mailing address may be shared with the survey sponsor to notify winner(s) and award prizes. Users’ personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties except for the exclusive purpose of contest prize fulfillment.
Although we may use an intermediary to conduct contests, they may not employ users’ personally identifiable information for any secondary purpose.
Like most Web sites, the Web based providers we use to conduct online surveys log the use of their service. This includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks in order to administer the site, track aggregate movement, analyze trends, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This information is not linked to personally identifiable information.
Listen Research is sensitive to the privacy and security of an individual’s personal information. However, we cannot guarantee absolute security as such information may be transmitted using the Internet, other public telecommunication networks, servers, hardware or software ("systems") that are not owned, operated, or controlled by us.
All sample source providers that Listen partners with offer opt-out options for participants. Users who no longer wish to receive information or to be considered for future online surveys may opt-out using instructions provided by the provider in question.
Listenresearch.com and the Web sites of its survey hosting partners may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Listen Research is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage visitors to be aware when they leave these sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Listen Research, Inc.
10 Santa Gustavo
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
Terms and Conditions for Use of This Web Site
1. By visiting or using this Web site in any way, or linking to this Web site, you are entering into an agreement with Listen Research ("LR") to be bound by the then-current version of these Terms and Conditions. You are also bound by all other applicable laws. This is the entire agreement between you and LR relating to this Web site. LR has the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time.
2. All content of this web site, including any software, is provided "as is" and without warranties or representations of any kind, either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, lr disclaims all warranties and representations, expressed or implied, relating to such content, including but not limited to any warranties and representations of noninfringement of third party intellectual property rights, title, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Although lr wishes the content of this web site to be accurate, complete, and current, lr does not warrant or represent that any content of this web site (including any software) is error-free, complete, or current, that use of such content will be uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, or that this web site, its content, and the servers on which the web site and content are available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so these exclusions may not apply to you in whole or in part.
3. Under no circumstances will lr be liable to any person or business entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages or losses based on or caused by any use of this web site or any other web site to which this site is linked, the content of such web sites, or any viruses or other harmful components derived from any such web sites, including, without limitation, any lost profits, revenue, or use, business interruption, or loss of computer programs or information, even if lr has been specifically advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain liabilities, so these exclusions may not apply to you in whole or in part.
4. LR partners with a survey hosting provider who controls and operates this Web site from Connecticut and makes no representation or warranty that the content of this Web site is appropriate, lawful, or available for use in other geographic locations. If you use this Web site from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
5. Links to other Web sites or Internet locations from this Web site have been provided for your convenience only. LR does not endorse, sponsor, or approve any of the content of such Web sites or locations. LR has no control over any of the Web sites or other Internet locations that you may access through this Web site, and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of the content of any such Web sites or locations. If you access any other Web site or Internet locations through this Web site, you do so at your own risk.
6. LR owns or has the right to use all of the data, information, text, images, sounds, icons, and other content contained on this Web site (including software and transmissions to this Web site), and the copyrights and other intellectual property rights therein, unless otherwise noted. You may review, download, and/or print one copy of the content of this Web site, but you may not make more than one copy of such content, modify it in any way, distribute or transmit it to any other person or company, frame or otherwise display any of the content of this Web site on your own or any other Web site, or make any other use of it. Such copying, modification, distribution or transmission, display, or use would breach this agreement and infringe LR’s copyrights, copyrights licensed to LR, and/or other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to LR. If you download software from this Web site, LR owns such copy and you are licensed to use it for its intended purpose but may not sell copies of it, modify it, display it, redistribute or transmit it, or use it in any other way. If you download and/or print any content of this Web site, you agree to maintain any and all copyright notices and other notices or statements of proprietary rights appearing on such content. LR has no right or authority to authorize you to use, download, print, copy, modify, display, distribute, or transmit any content of any other Web site that you access from this Web site.
7. LR reserves the right to change or discontinue at any time, without notice, any materials, equipment, specifications, models, products, or services described on this Web site, or the availability thereof. Products, methods, and processes described on this Web site may be covered by U.S. or foreign patents and/or other intellectual property rights.
8. Software made available on this Web site may be subject to United States export control laws. No software from this site may be downloaded or otherwise exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, North Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Departrnent’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using any software made available on this Web site, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
9. If you transmit any information of any kind (including software) to this Web site, you represent, warrant, and agree that you have the unhindered right to do so, that such information does not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any other person or company, that such information is not confidential or proprietary to you or any other person or company, that such information does not injure any other person or company, and that LR may copy, distribute, modify, display, disclose, obtain intellectual property protection in its own name for, or otherwise use such information (and any ideas embodied therein), and may manufacture, use, and sell products, methods, and processes made therefrom, without restriction, in any way it chooses anywhere in the world, free of charge to LR and without acknowledgment of authorship or source. LR shall not be liable for any compensation, claims, or damages resulting from any use of any such information, and you agree to defend and hold LR harmless with respect to any such compensation, claims, or damages, including attorneys fees.
10. LR may review transmissions to this Web site from time to-time, but is under no obligation to do so. LR disclaims all responsibility for the content of such transmissions and all liability arising from such content. You may not transmit any inflammatory, libelous, defamatory, obscene, unlawful, threatening, or otherwise objectionable information to this Web site. LR may remove any transmissions to this Web site at any time. LR shall not be liable for any compensation, claims, or damages resulting from any transmissions to this Web site and you agree to defend and hold LR harmless with respect to any such compensation, claims, or damages, including attorneys fees.
11. Your obligations under these Terms and Conditions shall continue for as long as you access or use this Web site or use or maintain any of the content (including software) of this Web site or copies thereof You may terminate your obligations at any time by discontinuing your use of this Web site and by destroying all content obtained from it, and all copies thereof.
12. LR retains the right at any time and from time to time to discontinue or modify, or temporarily or permanently terminate any part of the site with or without notifying you. If we discontinue, modify or terminate any part of the site, we will not be liable to you or any third party for the discontinuance, modification or termination.
13. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of California and applicable federal laws, without giving effect to conflicts of laws principles. If any portion of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, invalid, or unenforceable, then such portion of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed severed herefrom and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms and Conditions.